In my next life…
GRIN # 51
Not necessarily MY dog, Sister, who’s still having odorous gastrointestinal problems, but definitely a well-loved dog.
- Dogs don’t worry about birth control. It’s all fun, all the time, and the humans pick up the tab.
- Dogs are fed on time every night. They are happy to lick the plates since they don’t have to load the dishwasher.
- Dogs can take or leave food. Sister always saves a few “crunchies” for later. I try unsuccessfully.
- Dogs are delirious over the smallest things–a well-timed pee, a slice of cheese.
- Dogs don’t worry about whether their jeans will button after a night of carousing.
- Dogs have built-ins: for example, their winter coat. They don’t have to schlep it around once they get to the mall. It grows in when they need it and falls out when they don’t. And someone else vacuums up the hair.
Most of all, dogs teach us to live in the present, love unconditionally and not hold grudges.
Dogs just make life better.
What did I miss? Add your own!