WHO IS HONKING?
GRIN # 58
At the risk of sounding like a washed-up Las Vegas lounge singer: I’m here all year, and I do take requests. So, please, throw ’em on me.
Today, I’m going to honor one such request. Several readers want to hear about pet peeves.
I’ve thought a lot about pet peeves. Not surprisingly, I still have no idea how something can make one person so crazy while not bothering another in the slightest.
- My friend Wendy can’t stand the soda dispensers with the push button instead of the lever (who knew??).
- My sister will practically pull the gum out of your mouth. If she doesn’t know you well enough to do that, she will make a loud comment about how disgusting gum is.
- My friend JoAnn wants to strangle the cashier who gives change dollars first with coins on top.
- If someone, anyone, honks at my husband while he’s driving, even if it’s not AT us, he slows to a crawl and shouts “WHO IS HONKING? WHERE ARE THEY? THEY BETTER NOT BE HONKING AT ME!” It’s downright scary.
- I am maniacal about coughers. Even my own child! I know he can’t help it, but I don’t care! Take a cough drop. Drink some water!!
- Complainers really get on my nerves too. Complain once or twice, then fix it. If you’re not gonna fix it or can’t fix it, get off the complainin’ pot and learn how to live with it. This is why therapy was invented.
SOOOOO? WHAT ELSE??? DO TELL!
What peeves YOU the most?